foxvalleymetrodiscgolfclub.com LiveChat
September 23, 2014, 03:17:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New members: To get posting privileges, please send a PM to handicapper.
Monday Night Random Draw Doubles Every Monday at 6pm alternating between Jericho Lake and Eagle Ridge.
The Sunday Morning Bag Tag Challenge is played every Sunday at 9:00 am at Eagle Ridge.

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Park District Meeting  (Read 977 times)
Sr
« on: October 19, 2008, 08:54:37 PM »

Sat down with Tom Betsinger Friday and discussed several things. They would like to have annual events at Eagle Ridge starting next year. They would like to have another event like the Oswego Open to draw the great players of the game. They would also like our club to run a family oriented tournament for Prairie Fest. He wants to work these things out early to give them time to publish these events in their Park District event guide which goes out to 30,000 people. They said they would like to help out more and even help with financing some things for us. There has been alot of positive vibes coming into the Park District about disc golf and the course. They would also be interested in purchasing some discs to sell to the public with some of that money going towards concrete tees. He said the concrete tees are still on the list and they realize the efforts we are all putting towards that and the efforts in maintaining the course. Mike Fee and his crew are thrilled with the help our club has gave them in keeping the course clean. There will be alot to discuss at the next players meeting. Please bring all your ideas and concerns to the next meeting in November concerning these matters.
                                                                                    Thanks
                                                                                    FVMDGC
Disconnected
FVM Member
DiscGolfer

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 10:21:16 PM »

Sr.

That's great feedback from OPD! Thanks for your diplomacy with Tom B. and Mike F. and for your personal efforts in keeping the course in great shape. Glad to hear that Mike has taken notice about how well the course is maintained. Did Tom say anything about the course sign?

Thanks

JT
Sr
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 10:31:42 PM »

Sr.

That's great feedback from OPD! Thanks for your diplomacy with Tom B. and Mike F. and for your personal efforts in keeping the course in great shape. Glad to hear that Mike has taken notice about how well the course is maintained. Did Tom say anything about the course sign?

Thanks

JT

He said their deductable was to high so their still working on the funds to fix it. Although he did say he hasnt checked on it for a while and thought something was going to be done shortly.
stpitner
Webmaster
DiscGolfer

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 10:55:57 AM »

That's awesome what this club has done for the course and the park district.  They have come a really long way!  I really think that once this course gets full concrete that it will be considered one of the best courses in the area.  It's already that way to me even without the concrete!

www.paperorplasticsports.com  Over 3000 discs in stock.
www.cafepress.com/popsports - Paper or Plastic Sports.com Apparel
2012 Fox Valley Tag #32
tjdub26936
FVM Member
DiscGolfer

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 12:03:13 PM »

They would like to have annual events at Eagle Ridge starting next year. They would like to have another event like the Oswego Open to draw the great players of the game.

If they want more than one or two top players, they'll need to allow a two day tournament and probably put in the concrete tees (maybe even consider limestone for some of the grass long tees).

One way to get the word out about Eagle Ridge would be to get some non-local pros to visit the course, give us some feedback, and talk to other top touring pros to spread the word of our event.  We could give them a tour of the course and maybe even pay them to give a presentation on techniques to the club.
Travis L.
Fox Valley Metro DGC Secretary
FVM Member
DiscGolfer

2009 Club Officer

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 02:31:07 PM »

Chris Sprague has his email posted on innovas site and i have communicated with him about some tips and stuff like that, point being a few of us should drop him some emails cuz i heard he does a lot in the quad cities area so it wouldnt hurt. This is all very exciting and hosting a two day event sounds really cool too!

PDGA#36989
PDGA Official
stpitner
Webmaster
DiscGolfer

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 03:26:39 PM »

FWIW, Sprague was AT the Oswego Open, but because of car problems and stuff he and 2 others arrived late and couldn't play.  He was out with a video camera taking some footage of some of the pros in that lovely weather.  I'll think I have his email as well, I can try to contact him and see if there's any footage that he'd be willing to share?

www.paperorplasticsports.com  Over 3000 discs in stock.
www.cafepress.com/popsports - Paper or Plastic Sports.com Apparel
2012 Fox Valley Tag #32
Abelardo Arenas
DiscGolfer

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 04:26:50 PM »

They would also like our club to run a family oriented tournament for Prairie Fest. He wants to work these things out early to give them time to publish these events in their Park District event guide which goes out to 30,000 people. They said they would like to help out more and even help with financing some things for us.

Let them know that the club has plenty of pictures in the photo gallery of the website. They are free to use any of them for their programs and brochures.

Sometimes, they use old pictures, because that's all they have on file.  Taking Pictures

Click here to watch the Fox Valley Metro Disc Golf Club Videos                              http://www.facebook.com/abelardo.arenas
tjdub26936
FVM Member
DiscGolfer

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 05:07:12 PM »

I took a lesson from Sprague last year and have spoken to him at multiple events this year.  He was the "non-local pro" I had in mind.  I think he's getting married in the next few months, but maybe we can get him to come over from Rock Island in December or January, weather permitting.
Travis L.
Fox Valley Metro DGC Secretary
FVM Member
DiscGolfer

2009 Club Officer

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 06:36:42 AM »

he talks about getting married on a blog on huklab.com so that is a definate but yea maybe december or january or even feb or march, but like I said we should all email him and i have a good feeling the response will be good, and his email I believe is on huklab site, not innova, in a blog or on the team page, look around and you will find it.

PDGA#36989
PDGA Official
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: