foxvalleymetrodiscgolfclub.com LiveChat
December 18, 2014, 05:03:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New members: To get posting privileges, please send a PM to handicapper.
Fall/Winter League Random Draw Doubles Every Saturday @ 11am alternating between Jericho Lake and Eagle Ridge.
The Sunday Morning Bag Tag Challenge is played every Sunday at 9:00 am at Eagle Ridge.
Ice Bowl Pre-Registration

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 Fox Valley Metro DGC Spring/Summer League  (Read 17089 times)
Sr
« Reply #165 on: September 15, 2008, 09:01:29 PM »

The race has tightened! Here are the standings going into the last week of Spring/Summer leagues:

OPEN
Randy Moore Jr.            63 points  Congrats Chumley on your first place finish!
Aaron Scott                 56 points
John Hoffman               54 points
Marcos Esquivel            52 points
Ray Esquivel                 51 points

AMS
Blaine Schepp               46 points  Congrats Blaine on your first place finish!
Larry Leonardi               41 points  Congrats Larry on your second place finish!
Rudy Esquivel               34 points
Mark Sylvester             32 points
Jessie Esquivel             32 points
Tony Pajot                  30 points
Joe Pearson                 30 points

Dont forget the Trophy/Party on September 27th at Waa Kee Sha Park in Oswego at 1:00pm.
Trophies will be presented with food and fun.
Several CTPs and a putting contest will be held.
There will be fun for the little ones too.
Hope to see you there!
FVMDGC
Sr
« Reply #166 on: September 15, 2008, 09:18:44 PM »

The last week of Spring/Summer leagues will be played at Eagle Ridge due to the flooding at Jericho Lake Park. The course got hammered with water. Hopefully the concrete tee boxes will survive. On holes 3 and 10 all's you can see of the basket is the number plate on top. Really a sight to see. The lake actually connected to the creek for a short while. Lot's of work to do there now.
                                                                                                                crying
stpitner
Webmaster
DiscGolfer

« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2008, 09:58:52 PM »

hope to see some pictures of Jericho - I believe ya, but wow, so hard to imagine!

www.paperorplasticsports.com  Over 3000 discs in stock.
www.cafepress.com/popsports - Paper or Plastic Sports.com Apparel
2012 Fox Valley Tag #32
Abelardo Arenas
DiscGolfer

« Reply #168 on: September 15, 2008, 11:42:18 PM »

hope to see some pictures of Jericho - I believe ya, but wow, so hard to imagine!

Here ya go:

With the zoom...#3 basket under water. You can see part of the number toward the top, in the middle

With the zoom...#2 Post by the teepad. Mostly underwater.

#1 is on that mound so it's okay. But the creek is flowing right around the basket now

And this is #4. The creek (on the right) now flows across the front 9, all the way onto the back 9.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 05:36:47 PM by Abelardo Arenas » Logged

Click here to watch the Fox Valley Metro Disc Golf Club Videos                              http://www.facebook.com/abelardo.arenas
SLY
Fox Valley Metro DGC Vice President
DiscGolfer

2009 Club Officer

« Reply #169 on: September 16, 2008, 06:37:03 AM »

At Streamwood doubles they charge 1 extra dollar to play if you arent a club member. I personally think that is a great idea because it gives the club members a extra perk for their money and would also increase memberships. $15 is not alot of money to pay for a membership considering the tag and mini you get accounts for $5 of that. Then you would also get a $5 discount on your PDGA#. The other $5 goes for course upkeep, tee signs, league supplies...etc.. This great game would not be where it is today without people donating back to this game! Whether it's getting a PDGA#, a club membership, donating your time to help in any matter like leagues, tournaments, or course upkeep, that is what makes this game grow. Any thoughts on that extra dollar being implimented in our league play?

this is a great idea!

this would be a great topic for discussion at the next players meeting.

2009 Fox Valley Tag # 22

Life isn't tied with a bow, but  it's still a gift!
Sr
« Reply #170 on: September 16, 2008, 07:24:05 AM »

Good pictures Abe! My phone camera is worthless. It's unreal how the main current of the creek is right in the middle of the back nine now. 
Abelardo Arenas
DiscGolfer

« Reply #171 on: September 16, 2008, 10:21:35 AM »

Good pictures Abe! My phone camera is worthless. It's unreal how the main current of the creek is right in the middle of the back nine now. 

Yeah, there is no bank for the creek for most of the back 9. It's all just water now.

The creek is/was on the left. The top of #18 basket can finally be seen. This is after the water lowered about 1 ft

This is looking at the #10 fairway and beyond

And this is where the lake flooded onto the course at #8

And on #5, where the creek rose, and now flows in that area

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 10:48:29 AM by Abelardo Arenas » Logged

Click here to watch the Fox Valley Metro Disc Golf Club Videos                              http://www.facebook.com/abelardo.arenas
Travis L.
Fox Valley Metro DGC Secretary
FVM Member
DiscGolfer

2009 Club Officer

« Reply #172 on: September 17, 2008, 08:17:53 AM »

Great pics! when i seen the park i was in utter awe, we as a club are gonna have a lot of work to do to get 1 our home courses back into shape, i just really hope the concrete pads are still in tact because that kind of water pressure could erode the soil around them and literally move them out of place so lets keep our fingers crossed and hope that thats not the case. I wonder how many discs are gonna be out there when the water recedes? Whenever anyone is ready to go to work out there let me know i got rakes and shovels and all the essentials to get going on the repair work.

PDGA#36989
PDGA Official
4u2nv
DiscGolfer

« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2008, 11:11:49 AM »

Well I am going out to peoria for the next 2 weeks come monday.  I will be back on the weekends so I hope to see you all on the 27th

Check out http://www.essentialdiscs.com for all your disc golf needs!
Sr
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2008, 11:32:10 PM »

If there is a tie for 2nd or 3rd place there will be a putting contest to decide the winner at the League party September 27th.
                                      Good luck everyone!
                                                                            FVMDGC
Abelardo Arenas
DiscGolfer

« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2008, 04:53:10 PM »

Waa Kee Sha Park is about 5 miles from Eagle Ridge.

Here are directions (from Eagle Ridge): Party at Waa Kee Sha Park  drive

The League Party & Trophy Presentation is there next Saturday at 1pm.  trophy

Sr
« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2008, 07:23:50 PM »

Just a reminder that doubles has moved to Eagle Ridge tomorrow due to the flooding of Jericho Lake. It will be starting at 5:30 sharp because of darkness. The ace pot is $100 in first pot and $98 in second. This is the last week of Spring/Summer leagues. We will discuss the Fall/Winter league at the league party September 27th. Hope everyone can make it to both of these events. Thanks
                                                                                                                    FVMDGC
foxmetrodiscer
FVMDGC Vice President
Probation
DiscGolfer

BOOM BOOM DISC GOLF!!!

« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2008, 09:39:31 PM »

Last summer league tomorrow! What a great summer!
Can't wait for fall league to start.

Aaron Scott
09 Tag #2
08 Tag # 9
07 Tag #2
PDGA #28438
Sr
« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2008, 09:20:04 PM »

4,046 read posts later, the Spring/Summer league is finally over. I would like to thank everyone who participated. The people in this league are wonderful. It's definetly a second family to me. THANK YOU! What a finish. Here's the final statistics:

OPEN
Aaron Scott & Marcos Esquivel      -14   4pts
Randy Moore Jr. & John Hoffman    -14   3pts
Tim Pannell & Rudy Esquivel          -14   2pts
Ron Miller & Ray Esquivel              -11   1pt
Tom Mastevac & Tyler Williams      -9    1 pt
Sergio (cali)                               -5    1pt

AMS
Wes Lindquist & Randy Moore Sr.    -9   4pts   This was Wes's first 1st place finish!  Awesome putting Wes!
Joe Pearson & Ken Clow                -8   3pts
Travis Lhotak & Mike Krupicka        -7   2pts
Tony Pajot & Natalie Hemphill         -7   1pt
Mark Sylvester & Matt Schluter      -5   1pt
Mike Isabell & Zach Parscher          -4   1pt
$20 was added to ace pot which stands at $118 for first pot and $100 for second pot. These will carry over to Fall/Winter league.
$8 from league play, $15 from Randy Moore Sr., and $4 from Aaron Scott, for a total of $27, was added to Trophy/Party fund.
$15 from Wes, $10 from Blaine(who was 3 minutes late and didnt get to play)for a total of $25, was added to concrete tee fund which now stands at $525. That's called true dedication. Awesome guys!
Ron Miller won CTP one. Travis Lhotak won CTP two.

What a finish it was for the trophies. Here's the final trophy tally:
OPEN
Randy Moore Jr.        66 points
Aaron Scott             60 points
John Hoffman           57 points   Marcos missed 3rd by 1 point.

AMS
Blaine Schepp           46 points
Larry Leonardi           41 points
Rudy Esquivel           34 points   Joe Pearson and Mark Sylvester made a great run at the end but came 1 point short of tying for 3rd.

Dont forget the Trophy/Party September 27th at 1:00! (THIS SATURDAY) And for the last time, Thanks for coming out.
FVMDGC

« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 09:42:10 PM by Sr » Logged
foxmetrodiscer
FVMDGC Vice President
Probation
DiscGolfer

BOOM BOOM DISC GOLF!!!

« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2008, 11:16:03 PM »

The card we had today is exactly why i love our leagues.
Ron with the huge grunts and screams to get everyone into the game followed by everyone else just being carefree and enjoying the game while everyone going toe to toe the entire way. I just love our group of guys that come out to shoot at our leages.
You guys are what make this league great!!!

Aaron Scott
09 Tag #2
08 Tag # 9
07 Tag #2
PDGA #28438
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: