foxvalleymetrodiscgolfclub.com LiveChat
July 22, 2014, 10:25:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New members: To get posting privileges, please send a PM to handicapper.
Monday Night Random Draw Doubles Every Monday at 6pm alternating between Jericho Lake and Eagle Ridge.
The Sunday Morning Bag Tag Challenge is played every Sunday at 9:00 am at Eagle Ridge.

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What date would you like to help the Cougars get disc golf out to the masses?  (Voting closed: March 28, 2012, 10:55:05 PM)
Friday June 29th - 4 (40%)
Saturday June 30th - 6 (60%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Kane County Cougars asked for our help  (Read 399 times)
foxmetrodiscer
FVMDGC Vice President
Probation
DiscGolfer

BOOM BOOM DISC GOLF!!!

« on: March 20, 2012, 10:37:57 PM »

Mike Patterson from the Kane County Cougars has contacted our club about having us out to promote the game of disc golf at one of their games. I have told him that our club would be honored to do so. The poll is to see what date would work better for the club. Here is some info on what our club would be doing as well as what is happening at the stadium that evening:

Our mission:
To have roughly (10) ten people situated at various points of the stadium throwing at a target on the field in between an inning. I would like to see young, old, men and women out to help with this so we can show that this sport is for all people of all ages. As exact details get hammered out, I will post that information as well.

The following events will be happening on the dates that I have listed on the poll:
29th
Heroes and Villians night
this includes a pregame costume parade
a salute to real life heros in the area
a trivia contest
heroes and villians themed fireworks

30th
after game fireworks

Mike stated that the Friday game should be pretty well attended and that Saturday night games are always well attended as well.
I am going to leave this poll up for on week and will be getting back to Mike once it is completed. You will not be able to see the reults until after the post is closed as I want everyone's honest opinion of the date that they would like. The results will appear once the poll is closed. You are also allowed to chage your vote so if you find one date does not work you can change to the date which fits your schdule better.

Once the poll is closed I will also start taking volunteers for this as well.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 10:44:32 PM by foxmetrodiscer » Logged

Aaron Scott
09 Tag #2
08 Tag # 9
07 Tag #2
PDGA #28438
foxmetrodiscer
FVMDGC Vice President
Probation
DiscGolfer

BOOM BOOM DISC GOLF!!!

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 10:44:05 PM »

With this event the club will be set aside a block of tickets for the game. You do not need to be one of those participating to attend. Mike told me that he would also be offering these at a discounted rate as we are actually going to be helping him out by doing him this favor. Once the poll is closed and I contact Mark again, I will start to get pricing as well as other details. More info will be coming at the April meeting on this as well.

Aaron Scott
09 Tag #2
08 Tag # 9
07 Tag #2
PDGA #28438
stpitner
Webmaster
DiscGolfer

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 11:02:17 PM »

This is awesome!  I'm biased towards Saturday as it allows me to not have to take a day off work, but it would be so much fun to have a basket set up.  Let people putt as they walk by.  Would they allow any promotional materials to get handed out?  Hmm.. on a business side of things, I wonder how much it would cost to get 1000 mini's made that gets to be handed out to the first 1000 kids through the gates :-P.  I don't think I could afford 1000 full size!

Please tell me that they would be ok with us throwing some drives across the outfield during pregame too ... I've also seen some Discraft guys stand at home plate and try to "throw" a home run.  I wouldn't come anywhere close! haha.  At least I should be able to get it out of the infield!  Maybe if I threw from 2nd base.... :)

www.paperorplasticsports.com  Over 3000 discs in stock.
www.cafepress.com/popsports - Paper or Plastic Sports.com Apparel
2012 Fox Valley Tag #32
foxmetrodiscer
FVMDGC Vice President
Probation
DiscGolfer

BOOM BOOM DISC GOLF!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 11:12:46 PM »

I don't know right now, but I am open to any ideas that would help with the promotion of this wonderful sport!

Aaron Scott
09 Tag #2
08 Tag # 9
07 Tag #2
PDGA #28438
foxmetrodiscer
FVMDGC Vice President
Probation
DiscGolfer

BOOM BOOM DISC GOLF!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 10:12:37 AM »

Looks like only 7 people have voted so far. Please vote as I need to get back to the Cougars this upcoming week.

Aaron Scott
09 Tag #2
08 Tag # 9
07 Tag #2
PDGA #28438
foxmetrodiscer
FVMDGC Vice President
Probation
DiscGolfer

BOOM BOOM DISC GOLF!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 07:01:13 PM »

So it looks like Satrday night won out on a vote of 6 to 4. I will have more details after I have them from th Cougars. I will also be bringing this up at the meeting as well on Tuesday.

Aaron Scott
09 Tag #2
08 Tag # 9
07 Tag #2
PDGA #28438
stpitner
Webmaster
DiscGolfer

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 10:22:19 AM »

I couldn't make it to the last meeting in April, and I was wondering if now that it's May if there is even more information available?  I might have myself double booked now, so that's the main reason I'm asking.

www.paperorplasticsports.com  Over 3000 discs in stock.
www.cafepress.com/popsports - Paper or Plastic Sports.com Apparel
2012 Fox Valley Tag #32
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: