foxvalleymetrodiscgolfclub.com LiveChat
November 26, 2014, 05:54:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New members: To get posting privileges, please send a PM to handicapper.
Fall/Winter League Random Draw Doubles Every Saturday @ 11am alternating between Jericho Lake and Eagle Ridge.
The Sunday Morning Bag Tag Challenge is played every Sunday at 9:00 am at Eagle Ridge.

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fox Hill (Yorkville)  (Read 10672 times)
Abelardo Arenas
« on: November 29, 2007, 11:27:14 AM »

Looks like there is going to be a new course in Yorkville. That's the next town over from Oswego.

A friend saw the map (from one of the workers who is going to be putting it in the ground). I think it was a 12 basket course right now.

Fox Hill is on Rt. 34.
SLY
Fox Valley Metro DGC Vice President
DiscGolfer

2009 Club Officer

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 07:24:10 AM »

Anyone know if this course is open yet, or what is going on with it?

2009 Fox Valley Tag # 22

Life isn't tied with a bow, but  it's still a gift!
Abelardo Arenas
DiscGolfer

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 03:43:50 PM »

nope
I'll probably get a chance to drive out there later this week. I'll take a look. 
                                                                                                sherlock

Click here to watch the Fox Valley Metro Disc Golf Club Videos                              http://www.facebook.com/abelardo.arenas
4u2nv
DiscGolfer

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 05:45:43 PM »

let us know what you find!!!

Check out http://www.essentialdiscs.com for all your disc golf needs!
Abelardo Arenas
DiscGolfer

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 05:09:20 PM »

The stakes are in the ground.

It's a wide open course, but it also has some new shots. You'll be putting up at some baskets.  thumbs up

I don't know what you call it, but there is like a land depression where it's sunken in for half of the course. There don't seem to be any stakes on the lower land. And I don't know the layout. But it looks like you might be shooting over that sunken land, trying to reach the basket on the top of the "hill." And the "top of the hill"/"surface level land" isn't that wide.

To get to the park, take Rt 34 to Sycamore Rd. Make a left. Drive up a block to John Street. Make a right. The park is just around the bend on John Street. You'll see a baseball field there. Park along the street. (You can also drive up to Diehl Farm Rd from Rt 34, where the Fox Hill sign is. But Sycamore has a traffic light, and is more obvious. Both will get you to John Street).

The course runs the entire length of the park. The stakes are painted blue. They are hard to find. A couple were almost flush to the ground.  Huh? To the south, there is a horse farm/training camp (Autumn Acres Equestrian). The horses look cool, but there is an electric fence that separates them from the course.

The last blue stake is far enough from the fence if you are a reasonable distance from the basket. But if the wind catches your disc, or you get a hold of an awesome drive that goes deep...I don't know. I'd have to go back and try to find the teebox stake, to see that shot again. Nothing major, though. It looked safe from the basket location.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 08:40:43 PM by Abelardo Arenas » Logged

Click here to watch the Fox Valley Metro Disc Golf Club Videos                              http://www.facebook.com/abelardo.arenas
SLY
DiscGolfer

2009 Club Officer

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 06:33:33 PM »

Thanks for the update Abe!

2009 Fox Valley Tag # 22

stpitner
Webmaster
DiscGolfer

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 08:46:55 PM »

if you're talking about what I think you're talking about, the sunken in land is a water retention pond.  So if it rains a ton, the water all goes there and will fill the lower portion and let it dry out from there while allowing for the surrounding areas to be dry.  It's a good idea to not have any of the stakes in that lower part of the land, especially if it rains a lot!

www.paperorplasticsports.com  Over 3000 discs in stock.
www.cafepress.com/popsports - Paper or Plastic Sports.com Apparel
2012 Fox Valley Tag #32
Abelardo Arenas
DiscGolfer

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 10:21:56 PM »

There has been some progress. There are now trees planted around a few basket locations. Those locations are now marked by a white circle.

Abelardo Arenas
DiscGolfer

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 04:07:51 PM »

But it looks like you might be shooting over that sunken land, trying to reach the basket on the top of the "hill." And the "top of the hill"/"surface level land" isn't that wide.

Here is an idea of that slope. The blue stake is where the basket will go. You have 10 feet in front of the basket before it starts to slope down. And less than 10 feet behind the basket before you go into the trees and bushes. I counted 7 stakes along that higher ground. There might be more.

Abelardo Arenas
DiscGolfer

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 04:28:20 PM »

there is a horse farm/training camp (Autumn Acres Equestrian). The horses look cool, but there is an electric fence that separates them from the course.

The last blue stake is far enough from the fence if you are a reasonable distance from the basket. But if the wind catches your disc, or you get a hold of an awesome drive that goes deep...I don't know. I'd have to go back and try to find the teebox stake, to see that shot again. Nothing major, though. It looked safe from the basket location.

The electric fence looked closer to the basket than I remembered. But I'm not sure where you'd be teeing off from. (The blue stake is along the bottom of the first picture. It's hard to see.)

To get to this basket you walk up along the treeline/the entire length of the southern retention pond (over 500 ft, maybe closer to 600).

« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 04:30:30 PM by Abelardo Arenas » Logged

Abelardo Arenas
DiscGolfer

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 10:21:53 PM »

The sleeves are in.

They just finished pouring the concrete when I stopped by. And there are wooded holes. They bulldozed 2 tunnels. Each just over 200 feet long. They are narrow. But I bet they get widened.

Abelardo Arenas
DiscGolfer

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 08:51:16 PM »

The posts are in.

They are unnumbered, but I like the progress. There has been a Yorkville Park District truck out at this park everytime I've been out there. And it shows.

There were only a couple trees, a few months. Now there are over 50. There are a few heavy machinery track marks (from working on the disc golf part of the course). But other than that, it looks like they really take care of this land.

There are a lot of deuce opportunities on this course. But there are also a lot opportunites to really blow it if you don't make your putt. You'll see what i mean when you see the course. It looks like a short course, but we'll see how it plays.

It's also a good Safari course. (The baskets are positioned just right, so you can shoot over the intended basket, and go to another one on the opposite slope).

P.S. The picture below reads "Hole 6 260 ft". But it's "Hole 10 220 ft". The basket locations look similar on these 2.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 01:55:21 PM by Abelardo Arenas » Logged

SLY
DiscGolfer

2009 Club Officer

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 07:39:31 AM »

Abe, how many holes are there?

Thanks for all of the updates.

2009 Fox Valley Tag # 22

Abelardo Arenas
DiscGolfer

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 01:48:03 PM »

Abe, how many holes are there?

Thanks for all of the updates.

There are 12.

Click here: Fox Hill Disc Golf Course

It's the last folder. If you use the slideshow, a "delay" setting of 10 seconds is good, so you can read the info & look at the shot.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 03:33:11 PM by Abelardo Arenas » Logged

g-zilla46wr
DiscGolfer

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 03:44:12 PM »

Any idea when the course might be ready?   
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: